Eastlake Church (formerly Mandurah Church of Christ) grew from humble beginnings. We began meeting together in one of the member’s houses and eventually built our own chapel which was opened on August 29, 1959.
In 1990 the church purchased and built on three acres in Teranca Road and experienced rapid growth. Our present pastors, Aaron and Bronwyn Edwards began leading at eastlake in 2000. More land was purchased on Lakes Road in preparation for future growth and plans for the construction of a 200 seat auditorium with children’s facilities, offices and a café began.
With great excitement, on the 29th August 2004, we celebrated our first service in our present location with the then premier, Geoff Gallop attending our public opening. It was at this point we changed our name to eastlake church, still however being affiliated with Churches of Christ.
Over the next year we enjoyed incredible growth with our average weekend attendance being over 400 people and so it was necessary to extend our premises by building a large 520 auditorium, a brand new kid’s area, an extended administration area and a larger café area. The 1st April 2007 marked our first service in the new auditorium.