Bible Reading Plan
Imagine the difference in your life if you could feed daily on the wisdom of the ages! God’s words are alive and powerful, able to not only feed your soul, but to renew your thinking and to give you insight for every aspect of your life. We believe that if every believer is growing in their intimacy with God, it will be a catalyst to God doing some incredible things in our lives and our church.
Following our Bible Reading Plan you can easily read through the New Testament in the space of a year. As each of us establishes the habit of hearing and applying God’s Word every day, we will experience the joy of knowing God better and of becoming healthy and strong disciples of Jesus Christ.
We suggest using the S.O.A.P format for your daily devotions, aimed at hearing from God and responding to his leading.
You can do this by yourself, with your family, with some friends or as part of your Connect Group. As you make your time with God and his Word the priority of your day, you will experience a tangible ‘washing of the Word’ in your heart and life.
Scripture – write out a verse ot two that speaks specifically to you.
Observation – make a note of what you observe in the text.
Application – write how God’s Word applies to your life.
Prayer – write out a prayer of response to what God has said to you.
- Bible Reading Plan
- Devotion Template – MS Word
- For an excellent free computer Bible program, go to www.e-sword.com
- For an excellent online Bible tool with multiple translations, go to www.biblegateway.com
- The NIV Study Bible by Zondervan Publishing
- Eat this Book – a Conversation in the Art of Spiritual Reading by Eugene Peterson
- The Divine Mentor by Wayne Cordeiro